Nobel Peace Prize Forum 2019
The Nobel Peace Prize Forum addresses the conflict in Yemen with Tawakkol Karman as keynote speaker on 11 December.
On 11 December, the Nobel Institute and University of Oslo invite you to an event to learn about Yemen's plight. Photo: Stockbyte via Getty Images
- Keynote speaker Tawakkol Karman - Yemini journalist, activist, and 2011 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
- Peter Salisbury - Senior Advisor of the International Crisis Group on Yemen
- Dr. Lina Khatib - Head of the Middle East and North Africa Programme at Chatham House
- Farea al-Muslimi - Chairman of the Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
- Moderator: Mah-Rukh Ali, journalist and author
About Keynote speaker Tawakkol Karman
In 2011, Karman became the first female Arab Nobel Peace Prize laureate for her “…non-violent struggle for safety of women and for women’s rights to full participation in peace-building work.”
Following the outbreak of the brutal civil war in Yemen, Karman has continued her activism. Earlier this year, she published a plan for ending what some consider ‘the world’s worst humanitarian crisis’.
How to register
Please register here: https://rsvp.theworldsbest.events/9zow8
Updates from the Forum
For the latest updates from the Forum, follow the event on Facebook.