The University of Oslo's Human Rights Award 2019
Welcome to the Award Ceremony in Gamle festsal and a Reception in Domus Bibliotheca!
Programme for the Award Ceremony:
The programme wil be announced later on.
About the prize:
- It is awarded annually as a recognition of personal efforts and active involvement in one or more human rights areas, in the widest sense
- The prize wis awarded in Domus Academica, Gamle Festsal, at the University of Oslo, Wednesday, December 5th at 6:00 pm, followed by a reception in Domus Biblioteca
- The winner receives 10,000 euros and a lithograph by Frans Widerberg.
About last year's prize winner
Through a long career, Professor Nora Sveaass has worked with refugees, human rights violations and psychological consequences of this, as well as treatment and rehabilitation of people exposed to torture and other serious abuse, both nationally and internationally.
- About the last years prize winner in an article on Uniforum (in Norwegian)
- About the University of Oslo's Human Rights Award and past prize winners, on UiO's webpages.